Monday 17 April 2017

#SDC271 BLING IT ON

How cool is the new Stampotique challenge 'Bling it On', I have so much blingy media, it was difficult to know what to chose.
I decided that I would use 'Safina' by Karen Hayselden for this fab challenge, but I wanted to give her a body, so combined it with a Julie Nutting stamp from Prima Marketing.
Once I had stamped my images, I coloured it with Spectrum Noir blendable pencils. I then masked it off and used Safina's frame to stamp the background. 

I painted alternate squares with gold and purple luscious pigment powder
From Indigoblu, then highlighted each frame with black fine liner and white gel pen.



I used Kate Crane's spiral stamp and circle cube to stamp random patterns in the background with Wink of Stella to provide extra sparkly bling, then used clear wink of stella over the entire dress.
To finish off, I turned Safina into a princess, by adding a crown and 'Princess' sentiment by Jo Capper-Sandon, which I stamped in flitterglu, then applied gilding flakes for more bling.
As a finishing touch, I used gilding flakes around the edge of my picture, to give it a blingy frame.
I found this piece rather cathartic to make...been a tough few weeks and a bit of art therapy was well and truly overdue.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous, what a queen she is, good job! Thanks for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she's gorgeous!! Thanks for joining our challenge at the SDC blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Princess!

    Love the Purple shimmer
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge
    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous bling ! Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic combination of stamps and colour Maria. LOVE IT!! So much detail and lots to look at. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete