Tuesday 11 April 2017

#SDC270 TEXT BACKGROUND WEEK 2


I made this card for my friends' son for his 17th birthday.
The background was made using my gelli plate ages ago, when I had a mass background making session! I used a mixture of copper and green acrylic paint, with stencilled through sequin waste and printed circles.

 I used Arwen McCullen's Gears stamp and painted it using a mixture of watercolours and shimmer paint, then added some word stamps from Dylusions and used a Tim Holtz mini stencil to stencil some random letters, 17s and EST. 2000. 
I stamped Newton onto watercolour card and painted him in watercolours, then mounted him on foam pads.
To finish off the card, I added another Dylusions sentiment, which I stamped and cut out of left over watercolour card. I glued on a metal cog, then mounted it onto a card blank.
I love Arwen's stamp and already have ideas for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment