Monday 3 April 2017

#SDC270 TEXT BACKGROUND

I have been wanting to use my 'Take Your Time' stamps by Daniel Torrente for ages and this challenge was perfect for their first outing.
My text background was created from some old maps, which I used to make a card background and a matching envelope.
I stamped the image directly onto the map and used colour co-ordinating pro markers to colour the images....I really like that you can still see the map through the images.
My sentiments are from a set by Altenew......'Missing You' on the card and 'Hi' on the envelope.
I tore the map and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink...Tea Stain, then stuck it onto a piece of Kraft card.
For the envelope, I only wanted one half of the image, so I stamped it onto velum, coloured him using pro marker again, and fussy cut him out and stuck him onto the corner of the envelope.
To finish the card, I used a piece of two tone gift wrapping cord.
I love these guys, and intend to use them a lot more...watch this space!X


6 comments:

  1. Lovely card and great backdrop. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!!! Thank you for Joining us over at the Stamptotique designers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love your background, great idea!!
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Both the card and envelope are fantastic! I love your map backgrounds!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete